CPAWS is playing a lead role in this ambitious agreement signed by environmental groups and forestry companies in 2010 that focuses on conserving caribou habitat and protecting important areas within 72 million hectares of Boreal forest.
- Implement world-leading sustainable forest management practices.
- Accelerate the completion of the protected spaces network for the boreal forest.
- Fast-track plans to protect boreal forest species at risk, particularly woodland caribou.
- Take action on climate change as it relates to forest conservation.
- Improve the prosperity of the Canadian forest sector and communities that rely on it.
- Promote and publicize the environmental performance of the participating companies.
The CBFA is an evergreen agreement that remains in effect until all elements have been implemented.
© Lauren Holly Best, all rights reserved