Having reflected upon the feedback from my progress tutorial, I decided to improve my outcome by increasing and emphasizing the denim gathers on the dungarees. I think this made a significant difference as the added gathers act to create a more dramatic and exaggerated silhouette. I didn’t like how the gathers seemed restricted to the lower half of the dungarees, and so to improve this I added one going up the side and across the front, which I think creates a better balance. I like how the gather at the top snakes down the side and goes into the side seam of the trousers, hence creating a sense of fluidity and movement. If I was to develop this outcome further I would consider adding more circular eye embroidered make-up pads, as I feel this is an element of the design that has become slightly lost with the new changes. The next step is photographing someone wearing the garment.

© Renata Passaris, all rights reserved


    Add comment

    Fields marked by '*' are required.
    Comments are moderated. If you choose to make this comment public, it will not be visible to others until it is approved by the owner.