For the next part of the project we were set a task to create and experiment with different type-phases only using electrical tape. I really enjoyed using this material and the restrictions allowed me to explore and use the beauty of the tape fully, I did not manipulate it to make it into something that did not resemble tape. I also experimented with other fonts, creating one entirely made out of shapes, or one just using the negative space. As I enjoyed the restrictment of the tape very much, I decided to restrict myself again when creating another font. After looking at various different fonts, I found many had a block form, I thought it would be interesting to take this further by restricting myself to rectangular blocks cut out of card I then used a whole puncher to create the holes.
© Amy Jane Allford Logue, all rights reserved