B E E I N G / H U M AN /
B E E I N G
1. a member of any of the races of Homo sapiens; person; man, woman,
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins
Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
2. any individual of the genus Homo, esp. a member of the species
3. a person, esp. as distinguished from other animals or as
representing the human species: conditions not fit forhuman
1. The state or quality of having existence. See
a. Something, such as an object, an idea, or a
symbol, that exists, is thought to exist, or is
b. The totality of all things that exist.
a. A person: "The artist after all is a solitary
being" (Virginia Woolf).
b. All the qualities constituting one that exists;
c. One's basic or essential nature; personality.
1. A member of the genus Homo and especially of the species
2. A person: the extraordinary humans who explored Antarctica.
© Camille Clara Yunn Liu, all rights reserved