Pioneer Organisation of the Socialist Youth Union was a youth Marxist-Leninist organisation in communist Czechoslovakia. The organisation proclaimed the group was voluntary, but the joining of every child from six years old was expected.
- creating a poster wall praising the Soviet Union and socialist life in general.
- reciting poems in various communist festivals.
- old paper or herb collecting described as “voluntary help for Czechoslovak industry.” Collecting was a nationwide competition. The winning pioneer team got a prize, a focus of mass media and it was a great reference for their later career life.
- receiving badges for different activities serving Soviet community> collecting
- uniforms - red neckerchiefs , blue shirts, trousers/skirts
© Sofia Tureková, all rights reserved